Last updated: December 2023
Collection of Your Information
You can generally visit our Website without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, to learn about our services, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information, and without providing such personally identifiable information, we may be unable to contact you regarding our services. The following is personally identifiable information that we may collect from or about you:
Inquiries and Information Requests
Information obtained from you when submitting an inquiry or requesting information (including via email, our call center, or other contexts), such as your first and last name, email address, telephone number, and information requested.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Website
As you navigate through the Website, certain information may be passively collected (i.e., gathered without you actively providing information) using various technologies and means. Our systems may automatically gather information about the areas you visit on the Website and collect operational information about the technology you use, such as your browser, type of computer, operating systems, geolocation, and internet service providers. Like most web sites, we and our service providers (including advertising providers) may track IP addresses during your visit and may also use session, persistent and flash cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other successor technologies. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your computer or mobile device, either continuously or while you are using the Website, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
Your web browser may include settings which allow you to manage or block cookies and other related technologies. We and our service providers may also use this information for operations purposes, including improving products and services, optimizing our Website and displaying relevant advertising. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can remove or reject cookies, but be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the Website. You may not decline web beacons. However, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or by modifying your web browser’s settings to notify you each time a cookie is tendered, permitting you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
No Sensitive Information
We do not intend to collect sensitive personal information, such as information that reveals a consumer’s social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; account log-in, financial account number, debit card number, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; precise geolocation; racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, or union membership; contents of email or text messages; genetic data or other “sensitive data” as that term is defined in the U.S. Privacy Laws.
Use of Your Information
In addition to the purposes identified above, any information we collect may also be used for analytics purposes (e.g., evaluating Website usage patterns and advertisement interactions) so that we can gauge the effectiveness of our programs and advertisements, and improve the usefulness of information presented to visitors.
We may combine the personally identifiable information you share with us through this Website with other information we collect from or about you, both online and offline. We may also combine this personally identifiable information with records provided by third parties. We use this consolidated information to help us better design our products, to communicate information to you, to enhance our marketing and research activities, and to facilitate other business functions.
In addition, we may use any information we collect as necessary or appropriate to comply with laws and regulations; monitor, investigate, and enforce compliance with and potential breaches of our policies and procedures and legal and regulatory requirements; comply with civil, criminal, judicial, or regulatory inquiries, investigations, subpoenas, or summons; and exercise or defend our legal rights and our employees, affiliates, customers, contractors, and agents.
Disclosure to Institutions: We provide services to educational institutions. If you express interest in one or more of the program(s) at our supported institutions, we may share your information with such institutions and they may contact you directly or we may contact you on their behalf. Once you apply for or register in their programs, your registration information is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
Disclosure for California Consumers: We do not Sell or Share and have not Sold or Shared personal information about California Consumers in the past twelve months. Relatedly, we do not have actual knowledge that we Sell or Share personal information of California Consumers who are under 16 years of age. For purposes of the CCPA, a “Sale” is the disclosure of personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration, and a “Share” is the disclosure of personal information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Disclosure for Consumers in Other States with U.S. Privacy Laws: We do not Sell personal information to third parties or Process personal information for purposes of Targeted Advertising or Profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning a Consumer, as the terms “Sell,” “Process,” “Targeted Advertising,” and “Profiling” are defined in the U.S. Privacy Laws.
Retention of personal information. We retain your personal information for the period reasonably necessary to provide goods and services to you and for the period reasonably necessary to support our business operational purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
- By Law or to Protect Rights. We reserve the right to disclose information we collect from and about you (and your device) if required to do so by law or by a regulatory authority. We may also disclose your information as part of an investigation or enforcement action relating to improper or illegal conduct in connection with our online services or other products, including, without limitation, any situations that may potentially involve threats to the safety or privacy of any person or misuse of our Website.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including data analysis, email delivery, internet services, hosting services, customer service, legal and auditing, and marketing assistance.
- Marketing Communications. With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to opt-out, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies and advertising networks to serve ads when you visit the Website or third-party websites. These companies may use information about your visits to the Website and other websites that is collected via web cookies and similar technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We and our service providers may create aggregated and/or de-identified databases which we otherwise use or share, but such databases will not include your personally identifiable contact information.
- Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Tool
- Google Analytics Opt-Out Plugin
- Google Ads Settings Page
- Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out Tool
Your Cookie Choices
For further information about cookies and similar technologies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites with which the browser communicates. This Website does not currently respond to these "do-not-track" signals.
Security of Your Information
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
This site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from visitors in this age group. However, if the parent or the guardian of a child under 13 years old believes that the child has provided us with personal information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us at the information provided below to request the information's deletion.
Consent To Receive Communications By Phone, SMS/Text, and Email
Express Written Consent
You further represent and warrant that: (i) you are at least 18 years old; (ii) you live in the united states; (iii) you have not registered on a national or statewide do not call list; (iv) you are the account holder of, or have the required consent to provide, the phone number(s) and email addresses provided; (v) the phone number(s) and email addresses provided are accurate and you will provide us with notice if you release them or they are otherwise reassigned for any reason.
Communications may include, without limitation, telemarketing and other promotional content through the use of email, landline phone, cellular phone, text messages (including SMS and MMS), fax, and notifications through any app that we produce or make available.
Communication Frequency | Revoking Consent and Opting Out
How often we send you communications will vary depending on the number of programs and services you are enrolled in. You may revoke your consent to receive certain communications at any time. To stop receiving text messages reply "stop" to any of our texts. To stop receiving emails click the "unsubscribe" link provided at the bottom of our emails. To stop receiving phone calls, notify us of your request via phone, text message, or email. We will make a commercially reasonable effort to comply with any communications from you opting out. By contacting us to opt-out of a certain communications, you consent to receive a final communication confirming your opt-out.
Agreement to Engage Electronically
Your Choices | Updating Your Personal Information
You can opt out of promotional emails we may send to you by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in such emails. If you opt out of our marketing communications, we may still send you transactional and relationship emails, such as emails about your course registrations and account.
Data Subject Rights
- Data Subject Rights Disclosure: Consumers who reside in states with U.S. Privacy Laws have the following rights regarding our collection and use of the personal information, subject to certain exceptions. Please read this section carefully as some rights vary by state.
- Right to Receive Information on Privacy Practices: (California residents only) You have the right to receive the following information at or before the point of collection:
- The categories of personal information to be collected;
- The purposes for which the categories of personal information are collected or used;
- Whether or not that personal information is Sold or Shared;
- If the business collects Sensitive personal information, the categories of Sensitive personal information to be collected, the purposes for which it is collected or used, and whether that information is Sold or Shared; and
- The length of time the business intends to retain each category of personal information, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period.
- We have provided such information in this Policy, and you may request further information about our privacy practices by contacting us as at the contact information provided below.
- Right to Know: (California residents only) You may request that we provide you with information about what personal information we have collected about you, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected such personal information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, Selling, or Sharing personal information about you;
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclose such personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right of Access. You may ask us to confirm whether we are Processing your personal information and request to access your personal information. Please note this right does not apply to California residents.
- Right to Deletion: You may request that we delete any personal information about you we that we collected from you.
- Right to Correction: You may request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we maintain about you. Please note this right does not apply to Iowa and Utah residents.
- Right to Data Portability. You may ask to obtain your personal information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the personal information to another entity without hindrance. You may not exercise this right more than two times in a calendar year. Please note this right does not apply to California residents.
- Right to Receive Information About Onward Disclosures: (California residents only) You may request that we disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information that we have Sold or Shared about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was Sold or Shared; and
- The categories of personal information we have disclosed about you for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom it was disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Receive Information about Disclosures. (Delaware residents only) You may require that we disclose to you a list of the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was disclosed.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt out of the Sale of your personal information and the Processing of your personal information for Targeted Advertising. You also have the right to opt-out of the Processing of your personal information for purposes of Profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects. Please note, these rights do not apply to California residents, as California Opt Out-Rights are described below. Please also note, Iowa, Tennessee, and Utah residents do not have the right to opt out of Profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similar significant effects.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale and Sharing of Your personal information and Right to Limit the Use of Your Sensitive personal information. (California residents Only) You have the right to opt-out of the Sale and Sharing of your personal information. You also have the right to limit the use of your Sensitive personal information to the purposes authorized by the CCPA. We do not Sell or Share and have not Sold or Shared personal information of California Consumers in the past twelve months. Further, we do not use Sensitive personal information for purposes beyond those authorized by the CCPA, and we have not used Sensitive personal information of California Consumers in the preceding twelve months for purposes beyond those authorized by the CCPA.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: (California residents only) You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your data subject rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your data subject rights.
- Right to Receive Information on Privacy Practices: (California residents only) You have the right to receive the following information at or before the point of collection:
- Exercising Data Subject Rights. You may exercise the data subject rights applicable to you under the U.S. Privacy Laws by contacting our Privacy Office at email@example.com, by calling +1 (312) 324-6002 and submitting details regarding your request. Consumers in some states, including California and Colorado, may also authorize an agent to make data subject requests on their behalf. In such instances, authorized agents may use the same methods as Consumers to submit data rights requests on Consumers’ behalf.
- Verification of Data Subject Requests. We may ask you to provide information that will enable us to verify your identity in order to comply with your data subject request. Further, when a Consumer authorizes an agent to make a request on their behalf where permitted by U.S. Privacy Laws, we may require the agent to provide proof of signed permission from the Consumer to submit the request, or we may require the Consumer to verify their own identity to us or confirm with us that they provided the agent with permission to submit the request. In some instances, we may decline to honor your request if an exception applies under applicable law. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your data subject rights. For example, we will not deny goods or services to you, charge you different prices or rates, or provide a different level of quality for products or services as a result of you exercising your data subject rights.
- Appeals. Consumers of certain states have the right to appeal our decisions on their data subject requests. This section does not apply to California or Utah Consumers, or to Consumers who reside in other states where the applicable U.S. Privacy Law does not give them the right to appeal Controllers’ decisions regarding data subject rights. To appeal our decision on your data subject requests, you may contact our Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +1 (312) 324-6002. Please enclose a copy of or otherwise specifically reference our decision on your data subject request, so that we may adequately address your appeal. We will respond to your appeal in accordance with applicable law.