Broadening Impact With a Unique Online Law Program
Tulane University Law School wanted to broaden its impact in the graduate market with an online program that would leverage faculty expertise in labor and employment law to provide legal training to human resources professionals. But they needed a partner who could help them generate interest in the program and grow enrollments, as well as provide instructional design expertise for both live and asynchronous online courses that would adhere to the school’s specific guidelines for course structure. They also sought admissions and student retention support for their existing internal team. In 2016, they partnered with Everspring to build and launch an online Master of Jurisprudence in Labor and Employment Law (MJ-LEL).
Everspring bolstered the program with highly customized services to fit Tulane Law’s unique needs: bespoke marketing that reflects the program’s dedicated faculty and popularity among students, instructional design services that leverage the program’s strong academic content and subject matter expertise, and a modular recruitment and retention solution that allows Tulane Law’s internal staff to use Everspring’s technology and protocols.
- Creative assets that convey the program’s strong reputation and impact, including compelling video from MJ-LEL faculty and students
- Core messages developed to resonate with ideal prospective students, deployed across a range of traditional and emergent marketing channels, including social media, LinkedIn, professional networks, and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- A program microsite that integrates with Tulane Law’s website, creating a seamless user experience that makes it easy for prospective students to find information about the program
- Everspring’s proprietary technology stack licensed to Tulane Law
- Everspring’s proven student recruitment and retention protocols
- Tulane Law’s staff trained on Everspring’s technology and protocols
- 1:1 collaboration with faculty to translate their expertise into online course content
- Interactive learning that consists of live online classes and asynchronous coursework
- Curriculum that features the breadth of materials used in traditional law programs (i.e., readings, supreme court audio and video, news clips, and other supplemental assets) with frameworks that enrich the delivery of each type of content
- Adherence to Tulane Law’s specific guidelines for course structure and high-quality visual design that reflects Tulane’s brand
- When the long-time program director left and a faculty member replaced them, Everspring guided the new program director and other program personnel through the change and ensured the program continued to operate smoothly.
- Some of Everspring’s team members have worked with the program longer than internal Tulane faculty and staff have, providing a constant knowledge base that maintains program operations and continuity, regardless of university faculty and staff turnover.
Impact: Student Outcomes that Transform Lives
“I will start off by saying THANK YOU for the MJ-LEL program. Pursuing this program was a leap of faith, but I saw the value it would add to my career. Getting the right job with a nice salary was always a struggle. When I found this program, I had just started working as an HR consultant. I knew I needed to be a different type of HR professional to add value to my clients and my career. The MJ-LEL program did just that. It has opened doors I previously only dreamt possible. I am proud to be a graduate of the MJ-LEL program. Feel free to reach out if there is anything I can ever do for this program or the university.”
“I wanted to write to let you know I was recently offered an opportunity to join the faculty at a local state university. I will be teaching human resources management. Who could have imagined, less than a year ago when I was unemployed and two semesters from completing my MJ degree, that I’d be here now? This program has been invaluable to me. Without the knowledge I gained from this program, I would still be working 50+ hours a week, swing shifts, in a manufacturing plant as an HR Generalist.”
“I just want to share my success. Thanks to my new degree, I just got my second promotion in less than 12 months! I’m so appreciative.”