It’s time to rethink how higher education works. The new era of higher education is data-driven, tech-enabled and student-centered. With technology evolving at a rapid pace and demographic patterns changing, schools find themselves in a new landscape that demands a fresh perspective. Higher education needs a new playbook—one that is adaptable, innovative, and focused on efficiency.
To succeed in this changing landscape, higher education leaders should prioritize the following six key areas:
- Align your program portfolio with the regional and national market. Make sure your planning is rooted in market research and data analysis. Identify your ideal program mix by analyzing your market position, competitors, labor market data and prospective audiences. This analysis forms the foundation for your next steps and a roadmap to your future expansion.
- Sharpen your digital marketing capabilities. Prospective students are searching for programs online, but can they find yours? Optimized microsites, engaging content and targeted digital campaigns ensure you stand out to high-intent prospects. A full-funnel digital marketing strategy expands your reach and generates enrollments among your ideal students.
- Expand your digital learning capabilities. The power of digital learning is so much greater than video lectures. Effective online and hybrid learning is faculty-driven, student-centered, and leverages technology and data for ongoing improvement. Level up your courses to improve student learning outcomes and retention.
- Remove barriers to faculty success. Empower your faculty to do what they do best—teach. Eliminate tech barriers and provide faculty with the tools and resources they need to deliver engaging, dynamic learning experiences in any modality. From instructional design expertise to LMS support, set your faculty up for success across all tech skill levels.
- Invest in student success. Student success is your ultimate gauge of achievement. Boost retention and graduation rates with personalized support services and technology to guide students through their programs. Establish a strong support base with dedicated success professionals and data-driven tech platforms.
- Leverage new technologies and tools to improve program operations and reduce costs. Enhanced course delivery, streamlined communications, data management and analysis—embracing technology across your platforms will propel your institution into a future of data-driven decisions and personalized learning experiences.
By integrating adaptive technology, effective marketing, data integration, research-backed course design, and robust faculty support, institutions can not only navigate this dynamic landscape, but thrive. It's time to turn the page and embrace a playbook that ensures success in the evolving world of higher education.